Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Where did it come from?

                                                
         Whats happening people?! Hope this entry finds you all well and prosperous! I was reading in Matthew 25 today and the parable that jumped out at me was the one about the wealthy man who gave out the talents to his servants starting at verse 13...."yeah, so what!" you say? I know we've all heard or read this parable a hundred times but I genuinely love when on that one hundred and first time reading it, you see something you didn't see before! Well I saw this....which is not to say you haven't already so bear with me.....thanks! I noticed that number one, the rich man KNEW his servants and what they were able to handle...."gave to them according to their several abilities..." check out how he gave one servant 5 talents, another servant 2 talents and the last one received just one...the wisdom of the rich man in not giving the "one talent guy" 5 talents is the foreknowledge that he wouldn't be able to handle them and would more than likely lose them instead of make them grow. He also knew that the "two talent guy" might be overwhelmed by the 5 but was capable at the 2 level! The "one talent guy" was given the one because even if he lost it, the loss wouldn't be as great as it would were he to lose 5. His master knew he wasn't able to handle much, so he gave him a little to see how he would do with that. The whole point of all of this is God expects us to be profitable/ bear fruit/ grow/ expand/ multiply/ gain and prosper with whatever HE trusts us with. He wants us to show that we're good stewards over what HE gives us, so He can give us more to work with. Notice also that NONE of the servants had their own talents to work with. They were GIVEN TO THEM BY THEIR MASTER.....He gave to them their "several abilities" as well so he knew who could handle what! It's not your or my job to be concerned about who can handle what and why or why not!.....Thats up to God! I just need to be concerned about taking the little he GIVES ME and using the abilities He gave me to make it grow FOR him...not for me.....the last thing they did when the accounting time came was give a report on their progress and GIVE IT ALL BACK TO HIM. They weren't concerned about being rewarded for what they had done, because it was their "reasonable service" as servants! The rewards came after they had proven themselves FAITHFUL over what He had entrusted them with.
                  Now..........you know I always tie these in with music somehow.......musicians and singers don't focus so much on the size (or lack thereof) of the talent given to you, or the place in which you're planted to carry that out...and forget that it's supposed to grow under your care! I may never be onstage with some of the "so called greats" of the music world but if I'm faithfully serving where I'm planted, my reward for being a good steward will be just as significant if not greater than being mobbed by crowds and constantly patted on the back and congratulated for something I couldn't even give to myself anyway! We cannot fall into the trap of viewing what we do and where we happen to do it as insignificant and small....if that's where God placed you, then that's probably all you could handle at the time! That's not to say He won't ever promote us but we have to prove that we can handle that without it "handling us." Lastly, Going through the motions is just as bad as "burying your talent in the earth" because at the end of the day we're giving Him back the very same thing he gave us with NO fruit to show.....He could've just kept that if that's all He wanted from us when He passed those things out! I may not be onstage with Fred Hammond or Prince or anybody else....but I'm at GCR (Gods City of Refuge) serving faithfully and you better believe when the time of accounting comes....I'm gonna have fruit by way of increase to show for what He's called me to do!.............Now......will you?
                  God Bless you till next time!..........Bayce3

1 comment:

  1. This is so true, Timmie. Reminds me of the old saying, "Let go and let God." Enjoyed reading this post, keep up the great work! :-)

    ReplyDelete